Operation Support Sufficient Grace 2012 rolls on, and we are so excited to see what the Lord is going to do next. Thank you to all who have generously donated in the past and continue to support this ministry. We continue to grow to serve more families, and have many ideas on our hearts to do even more. Currently, we hear from mothers and families requesting Dreams of You items almost daily from all over the United States and beyond. We send items to families with no cost to them. Your donations are the reason we are able to continue to do so.
Just wanted to give a quick update on some of the opportunities to support SGM:
* A huge thank you to the 4th grade class of Patrick Henry, who recently hosted a fundraiser for SGM and donated $625 from their event! It was an amazing night, as I felt that two of the passions of my heart were able to collide. I had the opportunity to share about SGM to a room full of parents and family from our local communities before the students performed their school musical. Music from One Way played in the background of our display. The students were so proud to offer the popcorn, cookies, lemonade, plants, and jello they had made. It was a precious gift, and I believe they were blessed, just as they were used a blessing for us and for those who grieve. I will miss those kids and the beautiful staff of teachers.
* Last week, I gave a small presentation to a group of ladies from Avon interested in hosting fundraisers to support SGM. It was such a blessing to meet these ladies and I was encouraged by their response, as hearing about SGM touched their hearts. We are looking forward to seeing the Lord bless and work through their willing hearts.
* The SGM Golf Outing 2012 is coming up on Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 8am at the Country Acres Golf Club in Kalida, Ohio. We are looking for golf teams and sponsors for the event. Scrambles are the most fun and stress-free way to golf….and you don’t need to be a good golfer to join in! Even if you are not able to attend, please consider supporting the event by sponsoring. Your business or individual name will be posted on a sign at each hole if you choose to be a hole sponsor. There are donation opportunities of $50 (1/2 a hole) and $100 to sponsor a hole, $150 to sponsor non-alcoholic beverages, and $250 to sponsor the dinner. You can also give a door prize or other donation amount. Please visit the Coming Events page or the SGM Golf Outing event on Facebook for more information. Contact Kelly at email@example.com. We would appreciate your prayers for all aspects of this event: good turnout, good weather, the Lord’s hand and blessing on all the planning and on the event itself. He is always faithful to provide!
* We are hoping to help with a conference for grieving moms in Michigan, and would love to hear your input on some of the topics that should be covered. We will also be working on one for Ohio later, if all goes well! So please pray for those events. And, share your thoughts, too, if you don’t mind.
* We are working on a booklet/pamphlet for grieving dads and one for hospital staff/caregivers. We would love your thoughts. If there are dads out there reading, please share your thoughts or email me. (Ladies, will you ask your husbands to help with this?) Many hospitals and individuals have requested information on how to support bereaved fathers. And, families…what would you like us to share with hospital staff/caregivers on ways they can better support you? Share your thoughts in the comments, or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* A couple of the bigger needs we are praying for currently:
Some vehicle issues. Need a safe vehicle to travel for SGM events and meetings.
Possible building for our work/office space and to serve as a perinatal hospice
Funding for growing projects and to cover some of Kelly’s expenses/ family health coverage
* Ongoing smaller items that can be donated to SGM:
Polyfil stuffing for Comfort Bears (We prefer the large bags at WalMart and/or JoAnn Fabrics)
Satin for gowns (creme or white colored)
Sheer, wide creme colored ribbon for bears
In other news, I have been finding much peace on the patio Tim recently built for me. It is where I meet up with the Lord each day to do devotions and soak in the moments, giving thanks, counting the gifts. Many of you have heard of the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I started the journey more than a year ago, counting the gifts in a little pink journal. Yesterday morning, on the patio, I finally reached 1,000. My first entry: Hot tea with honey. My 1,000th entry: Home, our haven, the time to be here, soaking in this moment, seeing. Ann talks about slowing time by counting the gifts, soaking in the grace of right now, this moment. The older I get and the more the seasons of life change, the more appealing it sounds, the slowing of time, the soaking it in. I’m not a fan of saying that any book other than the bible is life-changing. But, this one comes pretty close to earning that sentiment. It has changed me, the counting of the gifts. And, if you let it, I believe it will change you as well.
If you haven’t read it, or would like your own copy, just leave a comment on this post, sharing something you’re thankful for…can be simple or deep…something in the gift of right now. I would like to give away a copy, in honor of reaching one thousand.
Have a beautiful day!