This Saturday, February 2nd we will have our Comfort Bear Work Day at SGM from 9-11am
City BBQ Fundraiser will be February 16, 2013…Refer to our Facebook Event Page for details
We really need as many people as possible to attend the initial meeting to learn about SGM and to meet those who are in charge of different volunteer groups. I want us all to be on the same page as we are rapidly growing and there are many changes coming in 2013. More experienced volunteers are asked to come as well…so we can cover everything at once…and so they can help answer any questions the new helpers may have. We will all gather for prayer and for an update on current happenings and the vision for the future for SGM…then we will break into groups for Comfort Bears (those who sew and others who cut, stuff, etc.), Gowns – Both those who crochet and seamstresses, Layettes, Perinatal hospice family support/OB staff, photographers, Office/Shipping Volunteers, Prayer partners, Bracelet/Jewelry/Memento creators, Card makers, etc.
- Providing support for families facing a fatal diagnosis in pregnancy, including meeting with families to help create a birth plan to fit their individual needs.
- Walking with families through the journey, encouraging the family to cherish the gift of time with their baby, whether for a moment or for several months, offering continued support.
- Trained volunteers to offer emotional and/or spiritual support during labor and delivery and encouraging/assisting family in making memories with baby, as much or as little involvement as desired by the family.
- Provide mementos: Dreams of You Memory Book, Comfort Bear, baby gown/layette, memorial jewelry, etc.
- Capture the precious time with baby through professional photography
- Follow-up support for families, including a monthly support group at the SGM facilities and one-on-one peer support, if desired.
For more information about the products and services offered to families through Sufficient Grace Ministries, please visit our website: www.sufficientgraceministries.org.